- This page is about the human from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. For the manakete originating in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, see Jahn.
|“||Legault: So, I’m to be grouped in with Jan, am I? My, but that is so very depressing...
Nino: But I like Uncle Jan.
— Nino and Legault on Jan
Jan (Japanese: ヤン Jan) is a member of the Black Fang, Nino affectionately calls him "uncle". Though Nino also calls Legault uncle, so it is unlikely to be an indication of any actual relation. He does not serve a large story role in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade making his first, and last, appearance in chapter 26/28x, though he is also mentioned in a handful of support conversations.
Jan is a member of the Black Fang. While his rank is never specified, he seems to be of fairly high rank, or, at the very least, highly trusted, as Brendan gave him information pertaining to Sonia and Nino's backgrounds.
He appears as a NPC in chapter 26/28x, fleeing from Sonia, shortly after she murdered Brendan Reed. He never engages in any combat. At the end of chapter 26/28x he reveals Nino's real family to her, as Brendan had had Sonia investigated, and he discovered information about Nino's family. After giving Nino a pendant with a picture of her family he leaves and is never seen again.
Personality and character
According to Nino, Jan isn't one to anger and is a kind man, being the opposite of the impulsive Reed brothers. He seems to have cared greatly for the Fang.
- Despite not having proper data, Jan does have an assigned inventory in his brief cutscene appearance. He holds a Silver Axe and a Silver Bow.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Jan's portrait in The Blazing Blade.
- "Oh! Uncle Legault!" — Nino, to Legault, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Flee this place![...]The commander is dead! That woman--[...]Aaaah... Soniaaaa!!! Uwaa... Aaaaaaaa!!!!" — Jan, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- "Yeah, but you’re... different from them... You’re never angry, for one thing. You’re more like Uncle Jan than like my brothers..." — Nino, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|