Fire Emblem Wiki:To-do list
Welcome to Fire Emblem Wiki! This is the wiki's official to-do list, detailing ongoing and incomplete tasks around the wiki. If you just signed up and are looking for somewhere to start editing, this list is a good place to start.
Have you arrived here from another wiki or website, and aren't sure where to begin? First, you should create an account–click here and complete the form, ensuring you complete all required fields. If you choose to add an email address, you should check your inbox and follow the instructions in the account verification email as soon as possible (make sure to check your spam folder if you can't find it); this ensures that you will be able to reset your password if you forget it. Once you're signed up, you're free to edit! For brand new accounts, we recommend starting by adding to stubs, and fixing spelling and grammar errors. Unfortunately, as an anti-spam precaution, brand new users cannot create new articles or upload images; you must first be registered for four days, and have made a total of 10 edits, to be allowed to create articles and upload images.
- Ensure that all articles are properly categorised. See this page for a list of articles with no categories.
- Likewise, all images must also be properly categorised. For a list of uncategorised images, please see this page. Ideally, these lists should both be empty.
- All articles should be linked to from at least one other article on the wiki (with the exception of disambiguation pages). See this list for pages that have no other pages linking to them.
- All articles should also have at least one link to another article. This page lists articles with no links to other pages.
- Ensure that all articles use proper grammar and spelling.
- Review the list of wanted pages. This lists non-existent articles with the most other pages linking to them. If you have enough information to add, please consider creating these articles. Many of these are chapter articles; a good place to start with these is by adding a list of enemies appearing in that chapter, and boss data. See this page for an example of a good chapter article.
- Check the list of wanted files; if you have a suitable image, please upload it (be sure to follow our image naming and categorising policies).
- Consider expanding pages that are marked as stubs.
- Check the list of images needing improvement; if you can improve them, please do so.
- Fire Emblem Heroes receives regular updates; we should ensure that we try to keep up to date on new characters, skills, story chapters, and so on.
- Many character pages lack information such as their role in their game's story, their personality, and so on. Currently, we are prioritising characters featured in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden, Mystery of the Emblem, and their remakes and spin-off titles; however, you are always welcome to contribute to pages on characters from outside those games if you prefer.
- Many chapter articles are lacking information such as synopses and strategies. Currently, we are prioritising chapters featured in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden, Mystery of the Emblem, and their remakes and spin-off titles; however, you are always welcome to contribute to pages on chapters from outside those games if you prefer.
- Many playable characters in Fire Emblem Heroes have no stats or skill sets listed. These should be added as a matter of priority. Please try to include boon and bane stats in addition to neutral stats (where relevant); we should strive for complete documentation.
Other important tasks
- Check the list of wanted character pages; these are mostly complete by now, but some NPC characters may not yet have an article. Please create it if you can; NPC character pages will mostly focus on their role in the story, so you should be able to explain this in as much detail as possible.
- Add and expand on plot summaries, development info, etc. to game articles.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, TearRingSaga: Yutona Heroes War Chronicles, and TearRingSaga Series: Berwick Saga are severely lacking in information.
- Many characters have varying degrees of lacking Fire Emblem Cipher information:
- A few characters from B09 originating from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga, itself also severely lacking in information, do not have articles
- Not every character who has appeared in Fire Emblem Cipher has an "In other appearances" section with a "Fire Emblem Cipher" subsection on their article
- Not every character who has an "In other appearances" section with a "Fire Emblem Cipher" subsection on their article has an invocation of Template:TCGCipherData
- Not every character who has an invocation of Template:TCGCipherData is fully up-to-date with all of their cards; many are missing cards from more recent series
- Additionally, character epithets on cards that are already covered on character articles are often inconsistent between the character pages, booster series articles, starter deck articles, and the promotional cards article
- Review the wiki's proposed policies, and contribute what you can to the discussions.
Tasks for wiki staff members
- Patrol every edit on the Recent Changes.
- Try to keep on top of the list of pages marked for deletion. If a consensus has been reached, delete the page, or remove the deletion template, as appropriate. Pages for speedy deletion are dealt with automatically, and don't need to be deleted manually; however, if you feel a page marked for speedy deletion should not be deleted, you should remove the speedy deletion tag as soon as possible.
- If a consensus has been reached on accepting a proposed policy, it should be marked as enforced.
- Create any missing help pages, and expand on shorter ones.
- Review hidden maintenance categories, and deal with any issues that may have arisen in them.
|Fire Emblem Wiki help pages|