|This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.|
|“||I want to find a peaceful way to end the war. If I can speak to the Lycian council, I'm certain we can come to a solution.||”|
— Guinivere, to Roy.
Guinivere (Japanese: ギネヴィア Guinevere) is the princess of Bern and the half-sister of Zephiel, sharing King Desmond as a father. During the events of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Guinivere stole the Fire Emblem and snuck into Lycia to try to find a peaceful solution to the war.
Guinivere is Zephiel's younger half sibling. She plays an important role in the plot. Near the start of the game she meets Roy with the Fire Emblem in her possession. She had taken the Fire Emblem from her brother to hopefully find a way to stop him, as she does not wish to go along with his plans to return the world to dragonkind. Along with providing Roy with the Fire Emblem she also gives him information on the whereabouts of the Binding Blade.
She also convinces Melady, her loyal retainer, to join Roy and his cause.
Starting stats and growth rates
Guinivere is playable only in the game's Trial Maps. She becomes available after completing the main game nine times.
Guinivere appears briefly in The Blazing Blade. She is shown to get along with her brother and her father well. Desmond dislikes Zephiel being around her so he sends him away. Being very young, she doesn't appear to notice any animosity and is a happy child in her short appearance.
Guinivere is one of the characters added to the game in the Reality update, and became available for summoning by players on November 17, 2020. Only one variation of Guinivere is currently available in Heroes, based on her The Binding Blade incarnation.
- Guinivere: Princess of Bern is only available at 5★ rarity.
|A||Atk/Res Push 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|A||Atk/Res Push 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|A||Atk/Res Push 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|A||Atk/Res Push 4||★★★★★||300 SP|
|B||Lull Atk/Res 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|B||Lull Atk/Res 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|B||Lull Atk/Res 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Spur Res 1||★★★★★||50 SP|
|C||Drive Res 1||★★★★★||120 SP|
|C||Drive Res 2||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Joint Drive Res||★★★★★||300 SP|
Personality and character
Guinivere is caring, selfless, and pure-hearted. From the start of the conflict in Binding Blade, she has worked tirelessly to prevent war—and once that became impossible, to stop it. Even though her half-brother, Zephiel, was the instigator of the conflict, Guinivere firmly opposed him because he used brutal methods to achieve his goals. As such, despite her outward gentleness, Guinivere is no pushover. She is more than ready to stand up for what she believes in. She believes in her convictions more than in her family ties.
Guinivere hates war and bloodshed, which is why she opposes Zephiel and sides with Roy. She is also loyal and continues to support Roy throughout the story. Her main motivation is to prevent people from facing bloodshed and the pain of war, even at the expense of her own wellbeing. Despite the danger, she stole the Fire Emblem from the Shrine of Seals and opposed her half-brother, putting her at risk.
Guinivere is ready to sacrifice her position and safety if it means she can do the right thing. She cares more about her ideals than her life, as shown in her conversation with Melady in Heroes' Forging Bonds event conversation. She feels responsible for her half-brother's actions and blames herself for the conflict, even though Roy does not blame her for it whatsoever. This shows that she has the best interest of her country's citizens at heart and is ready to do anything for their sake. If it means that she must oppose her family, so be it. Guinivere does feel like a traitor by siding against Zephiel, but she owns up to it and does not allow it to stop her.
Despite her position as the Princess of Bern, she remains humble about it and never flaunts her royal status. Moreover, she is very tolerant of others and never looks down on anyone. Her retainers are very loyal to her, and she is very protective of them, always worrying whenever they put herself at risk. Guinivere tends to put others before herself and treats everyone she cares about with utmost care, doing her best never to harm them in any way. She is grateful for other people's support, since that support gives her the confidence to move forward.
When Guinivere was young, she played pranks on Zephiel, showing a more mischievous side. She and Zephiel had a loving sibling relationship. That aspect has been lost over time as she began to face more responsibility, and as Zephiel's beliefs changed.
While Guinivere still cares about Zephiel deep in her heart, she believes that he has gone past the point of no return. Zephiel's feelings about the matter are mutual, as shown in his conversation with her in Heroes' Forging Bonds event. This puts them on opposing sides of the war. Both Guinivere and Zephiel believe there is no other way to resolve this. They have lost understanding of each other over time, and they can no longer reconcile. It is a tragic fate, but both siblings managed to make peace with it.
When Guinivere meets the younger Zephiel in Heroes' Forging Bonds event, however, Guinivere believes there is hope for him. He has not yet forsaken humanity there, so the root of his beliefs can still be ripped out. However, the responsibility for that falls to Zephiel and not Guinivere, in Guinivere's opinion. This shows that Guinivere is not the type of person to do everything for other people. She is more than willing to support others, but does not take their agency away. She believes that people should be free to make their own choices.
Moreover, Guinivere believes in basing one's life on their principles. She also believes that these principles should be founded by the individual, not derived from other influences; a part of her distaste for Zephiel's beliefs is the fact they were not created by Zephiel himself, but by dragons. She hopes that the younger Zephiel she meets in Heroes' Forging Bonds event will be able to choose a path on his own. She believes that his nature is good.
This shows that Guinivere is a strong believer in morals and the power of choice. She wants everyone to choose their path without being swayed by dark influences. And that is what she ultimately does herself. This is what led Guinivere to oppose Zephiel, steal the Fire Emblem and seek out a peaceful solution in Lycia. She follows her established principles. That is also why others are so loyal to her and why she has a great reputation. She sets an example for others to follow, and lives in accordance to her declared beliefs.
- Main article: Guinivere/Quotes (Heroes)
Fire Emblem Cipher
Guinivere is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
- One of the below cards' epithets is still in raw, untranslated Japanese; it needs translation.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Guinivere|
|Princess of Bern, Guinivere|
|"Within the Shrine of Seals lies the sword of the founding king Hartmut... The Fire Emblem is the key to accessing it once more."|
|Attack: 50||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Sage||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Binding Jewel: [Trigger]   When this unit is deployed, if you have fewer Orbs than your opponent, you may pay the cost and if you do: Add the top card of your deck to your Orbs.|
|Card #B09-067HN • Artist: Sachiko Wada|
|"I must not turn a deaf ear to their pain. To hear it is the very least that I, a traitor to Bern, can do..."|
|Attack: 60||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Sage||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Aureola, the Legendary Weapon: [Activate] [Flip 1 bond card face-down] Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +20 attack.|
Elimine's Miracle: [Activate] [Once per turn] Look at the 3 cards at the top of your Deck. Choose 1 card from among them, add it to your hand, and place the remainder on the top of your Deck in any order you wish. This skill is only usable if this unit has used "Aureola, the Legendary Weapon" 2 or more times in this turn.
|Card #B22-041SR • Artist: Rika Suzuki|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Guinivere .
|The Binding Blade||The princess of Bern.
Noble and self-sacrificing.*
|Heroes||Princess of Bern, and sister of the king, Zephiel.
Her beauty, kindness, and intelligence make her
popular among her people. Appears in Fire
Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- In The Binding Blade Guinivere is the only sage that can use light magic.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
• Localized name in all English versions of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
Officially romanized as Guinevere.
|The Binding Blade
|The Blazing Blade
Artwork of Guinivere from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
Guinivere attacking as a Sage.
Artwork of Guinivere from Fire Emblem Cipher.
Guinivere in an artwork of Zephiel from Fire Emblem Cipher.
- Fire Emblem 7: Zephiel & Guinevere Artbook Translation | kantopia, www.kantopia.wordpress.com, Retrieved: 23 January, 2018
- "Guinivere: My brother is wrong. He is pulling the dragons into a human war. If he thinks this is how he can free the world, I must stop him.
Roy: Free the world?
Guinivere: Yes, he has always been obsessed with "liberating the world." He said that's the purpose of this war.
Roy: What does that mean?
Guinivere: I do not know... My brother is not so power-hungry that he would attempt to conquer the world. I'm sure he believes strongly in what he's done to Elibe. Regardless, that doesn't excuse the violence he has caused..." — Guinivere and Roy, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "My brother is not a trivial man who dreams of easily bringing the world to heel... He sees himself as a liberator. I have heard him speak of it time and again, seen the darkness in his sad eyes. No matter the justification, there is no cause to drag innocents into a war and steal their lives. Surely you agree. He was so kind to me when we were young, but I know that those days are gone. And so...I must stop him. With your knowledge and bravery, I believe that I can overcome any challenge. Please remain with me." — Guinivere's level 40 conversation, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Guinivere: I want to find a peaceful way to end the war. If I can speak to the Lycian council, I'm certain we can come to a solution.
Roy: Your brother instigated this war. Is it in your power to stop it?
Guinivere: At the very least, I wish to do everything I can. No, I MUST do everything I can." — Guinivere and Roy, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Is it true that the larger a land gets, the more it must crush the hearts of its people? I hope not." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "This castle is home to so many Heroes who have brought wars to an end... I would very much like to collect their knowledge and use it to architect a lasting peace." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Saul: I was sent by the Church to confirm the truth. Why did you take the Fire Emblem?
Guinivere: ...I wished to stop my brother.
Saul: Your brother... Zephiel, the king of Bern.
Saul: Do you know what the Fire Emblem is used for?
Guinivere: ...It's the key that awakens a sword that was used to slay the dragons long ago. That was what my father told me anyway. I am unsure how exactly the Fire Emblem or the sword work. My brother seemed to worry abut the Fire Emblem falling into enemy hands. ...Extraordinarily so.
Saul: So you took the Fire Emblem to make the king believe it fell into enemy hands? All in an attempt to stop his conquest?
Guinivere: Yes... but the war continued anyway." — Guinivere and Saul, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Melady. Please. If the choice should arise, defend my ideals over my life. That is what I ask of you, Melady. Surely you understand, don’t you?" — Guinivere to Melady, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Guinivere: ...Lord Roy... I'm sorry for my brother... I didn't think the invasion would pick up so quickly...
Roy: Princess, you're not responsible for this. Please don't blame yourself. Besides, Lycia is still united. We just need Lord Hector to lead our army so we can fight! We must retake Castle Araphen for all of Lycia.. and for Lilina...
Guinivere: ......" — Guinivere and Roy, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "I have betrayed Bern, betrayed my brother...and yet, I am still proud to be of Bern." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Even if my name is cursed as a traitorous princess... My convictions will not waver." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Roy: Are you truly Princess Guinivere from Bern?
Guinivere: Yes, truly. I cannot blame you for doubting me, however." — Guinivere and Roy, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "Elen: Your Highness!
Guinivere: Elen! I'm so relieved you're well. You put yourself in such danger running off like you did... I worried myself sick about you.
Elen: I am sorry, Your Highness, but I couldn't leave you in that dank cellar...
Guinivere: Don't worry yourself, Elen. It's thanks to you I am safe now." — Guinivere and Elen, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- "When I'm with you, I somehow feel a rush of confidence...the very confidence required to face my fate with head held high." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Oh! You gave me quite the fright. I used to play the same prank on Zephiel when I was a girl, you know." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Zephiel: If you must protest, Guinivere, you may attempt to stop me. And we will see whose ideals win out. The future I envision cannot coexist with the world you would seek to create. The only way to decide what will come to pass is through conflict.
Guinivere: But, Brother! Wait—don't... go! It seems conflict may be unavoidable. ...Are people truly so despicable?" — Guinivere and Zephiel's B conversation in Forging Bonds, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "...Our world was changing such that we would never understand each other, even in the very end." — Guinivere to Sharena, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "Even if the prince's experience here leads to some great tragedy, that is not anything I can prevent. I cannot rip the root of his beliefs from him. He must do that himself. But I do believe his time in Askr will grant him new perspective. With that, he will know there are other choices." — Guinivere to Sharena, Fire Emblem Heroes
- "I pray Prince Zephiel chooses a path more gentle than the king I knew. One founded on his own principles. I hope that light of hope stays with him, whatever his future holds." — Guinivere, Fire Emblem Heroes
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Guinevere, www.behindthename.com, Retrieved: 23 January, 2018
|Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade|
|Fire Emblem Heroes|