|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
|This page has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.|
|“||I hated the sword. I never wanted to learn a skill that could only be used to kill. But it was the only way I could get close to you, Brother.||”|
— Karla to Karel
We know that Karla likely lived close to the plains, as that is where she had once gotten herself lost. Luckily she was found by her brother, Karel, who carried her home.
Sometime later, she would start training in swordplay. This was nothing more than her trying to get closer to her brother. Karel was becoming obsessed with swordplay, and training seemed to be the only way, to somewhat get her brother back to the person he once was.
Karla had five siblings in total. Other than her brother, Karel, they all died.
Karla appears in Chapter 31x of Hector Mode, if Bartre is a level 5 Warrior. She starts at the arena on the map, hoping to see her brother, Karel, being draw to danger. Her main reason to fight at all, is to find her brother. Bartre challenges her to combat, because when they last fought at the Western Isles, Karla knocked him out in a single blow. With Bartre seeking revenge, she inclines to give him his battle. After the battle, Karla asks Bartre, how he got so much stronger. Bartre explains that he has been traveling with Eliwood and his army. Wishing to see her brother once more, Karla joins the army in hopes of finding him. After the battle with Nergal, she would marry Bartre, thus having a daughter named Fir. However, Karla's life is cut short by an unknown illness.
Starting stats and growth rates
Karla is arguably the worst unit in The Blazing Blade, for several different reasons.
- Firstly, her class provides nothing new: by this point, there are several sword fighting units who can do everything she can do just as competently. Lyn, Marcus, Jaffar, Harken, and Isadora are but a few examples of this, and a good few of them bring more to the table than just killing things.
- Second, her movement is average, and the upcoming chapters are very large and require lots of movement. Victory or Death is extremely big in particular, but there are a lot of dangerous areas in Light and mobility to rush in or out is vital to success.
- Third, because she uses swords, her options for 1-2 range, or even 2 range in general are extremely limited (which is necessary for good enemy phase combat), and the only 2 range attacks she can do are the magic swords Runesword and Light Brand, which negate the best property of Swordmasters, their critical bonus, when attacking at range (or for the Runesword, at all). While the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! bonus disc gives her a third option, it still doesn't make a difference since the Wind Sword cannot critical at range anyway.
- Fourth, her recruitment is extremely late into the game, and has several failure conditions, including if you play on Eliwood Mode, lose Bartre, do not train Bartre, do not deploy Bartre, she kills Bartre, he kills Karla, or if Bartre is not armed while talking to her. There is a lot of effort needed to get Bartre at an appropriate level throughout the game due to his appallingly terrible speed and overall shaky start, which only gets worse in Hector Hard Mode.
- Lastly, due to her late recruitment, she can only contribute for a few chapters before Athos and even Renault show her up in combat. Both of them hit resistance, of which most enemies have less of than defense, and they also bring staves into the conversation, something she will never replicate.
Nevertheless, if you absolutely dedicate yourself to using her, she will still not do much other units cannot accomplish. Besides her supports, she has nothing of value that cannot be replicated, unless your army is in dire need of her services for some reason (such as a massacre of your units).
Both Guy and Karel absolutely outclass Karla in almost every regard. Guy comes far earlier, has more room to grow, better growths, and more time to grow supports. Karel starts better than her, grows better than her, and comes sooner than her.
As a positive point towards Karla, she joins with another Wo Dao, which can be useful for one aiming towards the Funds ranking.
Overall, Karla serves as a easter egg character at minimum, and a horrible unit at maximum.
Karla is one of the characters added to the game in the The King's Demise update, and became available for summoning by players on June 8, 2018. Only one variation of Karla is currently available in Heroes, based on her The Blazing Blade incarnation.
- Karla: Sword Vassal is only available at 5★ rarity.
|Draconic Aura||★★★★★||200 SP|
|B||Wrath 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|B||Wrath 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|B||Wrath 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
|C||Even Spd Wave 1||★★★★★||60 SP|
|C||Even Spd Wave 2||★★★★★||120 SP|
|C||Even Spd Wave 3||★★★★★||240 SP|
Personality and character
It has been requested that references(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit references to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what references are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
Karla is naive, emotionally distant and cool-natured. Although Karla has mastered the art of swordplay, she generally does not like fighting and often finds peaceful methods of resolving conflict, such as fighting in arenas mostly in hopes of finding her brother, Karel. Still, due to not being influenced by the other tribes, leading to an ignorant outlook of the world, and even after Karla finds out the truth about what Karel did to their family, she strives to redeem him, or die trying.
- Main article: Karla/Supports
Karla, Sword Vassal
After the conflict, Karla became involved with a warrior she met. She died of an illness several years later.
Karla and Bartre
Karla and Bartre were reunited in Ostia. During the battle, they became friends. That friendship deepened into love, and they were wed. Later, Karla died of illness. Bartre took their daughter to her uncle and joined Karla.
Fire Emblem quotes
|“||Too inexperienced... I'll never reach my brother now...||”|
|“||Hector: Oswin! What happened to that female swordfighter? Karla, wasn't it?
Oswin: It seems she was hurt in that last skirmish. She left without telling a soul.
Hector: Is that so? Well, that's that then.
— Hector and Oswin at the end of a chapter if Karla fell in battle
Final Chapter: Light quote
|“||I've lived long enough. I've no regrets...||”|
Battle History quotes
|“||...Admirable. So, you do have some worth.||”|
— Karla, with S or A rank
|“||Hm. You've improved, haven't you?||”|
— Karla, with B or C rank
|“||...You're not ready.||”|
— Karla, with D or E rank
|“||You are Mark... This army's general, right? What? A tactician? Well, either way. Don't be shy, if you need work done, use me. I do not enjoy battle... but I have my skills.||”|
— Karla in Hector's tale, Chapter 32: Victory or Death
- Main article: Karla/Quotes (Heroes)
Fire Emblem Cipher
Karla is currently featured on two cards in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Karla|
|Declared as the Sword Princess, Karla|
|"I did not come here looking for a fight. But how can I refuse you your revenge?"|
|Attack: 70||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 4|
|Class: Swordmaster||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 3|
|Beautiful Swordplay: [Trigger]  When this unit inflicts a critical hit, you may pay the cost and if you do: Choose 1 "Karla" from your Retreat Area, and add it to your hand.|
Sword Princess's Insight: [Trigger] When this unit inflicts a critical hit, until the end of this combat, number of orbs that this unit's attack will destroy is increased to 2.
|Card #B13-041R • Artist: пNekoR|
|Myrmidon Searching for Her Elder Brother, Karla|
|"Hmmm... I traveled a long way to see this person myself, but it wasn't my brother."|
|Attack: 40||Support: 10||Range: 1||Deploy Cost: 1|
|Class: Myrmidon||Tier: Base||Class Change Cost: --|
|No Wish to be Separated: [Activate] [Once per turn] [Send 2 cards from your hand to the Retreat Area] Choose 1 from your Retreat Area, and add it to your hand.|
Attack Emblem: [Support] Until the end of this combat, your attacking unit gains +20 attack.
|Card #B13-042N • Artist: пNekoR|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Karla .
|Karla appears in volume 7 of the Fire Emblem Heroes: Mini Acrylic Figure Collection. Her volume 7 appearance is based on her standard appearance in Heroes.||¥350||September 2018JP|
|The Blazing Blade||A dedicated swordfighter.
Cool and detached.
|Heroes||A traveling swordswoman in search of
her brother. Her impressive skills and
good looks have enlivened many arenas.
Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
- Karla's paired ending with Bartre can be read to imply that Bartre committed suicide after Karla's death; however, Bartre appears alive in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade after her death. Bartre "joining" Karla is not said or implied in the Japanese version and is a translation error.
- Ayaka Suwa, Karla's Japanese voice actress in Heroes, also voices Elise in all appearances.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Karla is the feminine form of Karl and a variant of the name Carla.
Officially romanized as Karla; as above.
Karla; as above
Artwork of Karla from The Blazing Blade.
- Fire Emblem 7: Karla Artbook Translation | kantopia, www.kantopia.wordpress.com, Retrieved: 1 January 2018
- Voice of Karla in Fire Emblem Heroes (Game) | Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 11 July 2018
- "The camaraderie of two who met in the Western Isles, met again in Ostia, and thus recognized each other [as warriors] in battle. That [camaraderie] naturally turned into deep love, and the two were wed. Afterward, it is said that wife Karla, who was struck down by illness, clutched husband Bartre's hand, entrusted the daughter she left behind to her estranged [older] brother, and quietly breathed her last." — Amielleon, Fire Emblem (according to Japan), fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com, Published: August 19th, 2014, Retrieved: February 9th, 2017
- Ayaka Suwa - 45 Character Images | Behind The Voice Actors</nowiki>, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 11 July 2018
- Karla - Name Meaning, What does Karla mean?, www.thinkbabynames.com, Retrieved: 1 January 2018
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|
|Fire Emblem Heroes|