- 1 Hello!!
- 2 ???
- 3 Sorry
- 4 Speaking of Name Charts...
- 5 Where are you getting Fates' paralogue numbers from?
- 6 Some Class, and Name talk
- 7 Morzas in Mystery
- 8 Fates weapons
- 9 Naga
- 10 Kein is Kain
- 11 Why are my edits being reverted?
- 12 Replacing of images
- 13 Drop template thing
- 14 Hi there!
- 15 Are we even going to use the (Laguz) (species) links?
- 16 Johan and Johalva's website names
- 17 Your plot summaries
- 18 "Rauorraven"
- 19 Weapon skills are not granted
- 20 What happens to men sacrificed to Duma
- 21 The other enemy-only classes in Gaiden that didn't get carried over to Echoes
- 22 "Echoes" for future remakes
- 23 I`m getting the NOA names from serenesforest
- 24 Reincarnation (chapter)
- 25 Suggestion on forged stats from FEH
- 26 History map numbers in Warriors
- 27 I hope this isn't too much to ask
- 28 Unlisted trailer
- 29 Do you enjoy farting?
- 30 Rudeness in edit summaries
- 31 Heroes file names
- 32 About Warriors Forts...
What in the world are "shady channels"?? I'm sure that it can't be that suspicious... :D also, I'm sure it'd be a good info source if I'd ever need to check a Japanese name somewhere. Seritinajii (talk) 20:19, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- Let's just say that if I revealed it here, I'd be directly badmouthing a competitor...and last I checked, the wiki doesn't like directly badmouthing competitors...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 21:34, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
I'm so sorry about that. I just thought that it might make the supports a little easier to read, but I realize that wasn't really my decision to make. It won't happen again. AscendingFire (talk) 06:33, 23 October 2014 (UTC)
- It's not Pikablu's decision to make either, but yeah. I agree it might make for easier reading, but we have to remain as neutral as possible in cases like this where the character's name, gender, partner etc. are customisable by the player. The exception of course being Smash, where s/he's actually called Robin, with no input from the player. --Moydow (Support) 02:11, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
Speaking of Name Charts...
- Would you happen to know Monica's Japanese name? I don't see it here. I don't want to assume anything about her name.
Where are you getting Fates' paralogue numbers from?
- Well, Serenes Forest labels the paralogue recruitments with numbers...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 03:07, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
Some Class, and Name talk
I hear some sites use the European names for Shadow Dragon foremost, because Shadow Dragon came out in Europe before the US. Also if I can ask a class page related question, how come Armor Knight, and Lance Armor Knight are counted as different classes, but Fighter, and Axe Fighter are counted as the same class? Emperor Hardin (talk) 19:53, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- In the case of how the armored classes in question are handled, it's primarily due to how the games themselves handle the classes. Thracia 776 and the Tellius games fully split what's traditionally the Knight class into weapon-specialist variants (four in Thracia 776, three in Tellius--poor Bow Armor never got the chance to be called Armored Bow); a split of this type is also in place in Genealogy of the Holy War, but uses the traditional Knight class to represent lances instead of introducing the Armored Lance in that environment.
- The Fighter, on the other hand, has traditionally been interpretable as one constant class throughout the series. Even the one time it didn't use axes, in Gaiden, it can still be told as being the same class through the usage of Japanese names. Japanese names are the primary means of determining class lineage (i.e. it's why Priest and Curate don't have separate pages), although not the only such means (what English calls the Outlaw is too dissimilar from traditional thieves despite the Japanese name hinting continued lineage).
- As for the "European version came first, hence those names predominate" theory, that's stupid and only serves to confuse people; it's why this wiki has opted for American names first and foremost. Anyone viewing Shadow Dragon resources using European names will expect the same site's resources to use European names when it comes to other games, likewise anyone viewing resources of most other games released internationally using American names will expect the same site's resources for Shadow Dragon to likewise use American names. Such interchanging of American and European names only results in confusion. You can't expect people to call the late-game prepromoted Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade Bishop "Renault" yet call the early-game Pegasus Knight Shiida--it's either Renault and Caeda (the American names), or it's Renaud and Shiida (the European names), there is no third option...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:57, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- The Armored Lance, though, is fully identical to how the Knight class in every game but Fire Emblem 1 where they wield Swords, and Lances. In the fan translations for Thracia 776, Lance Armor is just called Armor Knight like in Genealogy. It should also be noted in my opinion, that Armor Knights, and Armored Lances have never appeared together unlike Cavalier, and Lance Knight. All things considered, I'd argue they're extremely constant, always a common class with its own category that wields Lances.
- Fighter is very different throughout the series. In Gaiden, the Fighter class is a one of a kind personal class that uses Swords, looks more like a mercenary, and per being a personal class shares class Data with Dark God. In Thracia 776, the Axe Fighter is very different from the previous depiction of the Fighter, being a Fast, skillful fighter without unusually high Strength, akin to a Mercenary with an axe. The Brigand class in Thracia 776 seems to be in the tradition fighter role, including a Warrior promotion. In Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, and Fire Emblem Fates, the class is spelled アクスファイター, which seems rather different from 戦士 used in Mystery. I'd argue Armored Lance Japanese spelling shares more similarities with Armor Knight as it contains the same spelling of Armor, while the fighter in Axe Fighter is spelled differently. I also might make the case that Outlaw, and Thief have more in common then FE2's Fighter, and the regular Fighter class.
- I much prefer having the US names too, but thats how they do it. It seems like Caeda is used more then Shiida nowadays too. Emperor Hardin (talk) 00:53, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
Morzas in Mystery
Morzas is a Manakete in the start of the map, but transforms into the Mage Dragon class in a cutscene at the start of the map so you can't warp and kill him as a manakete in turn 1. This is similar to Xemcel, and Medeus in the same game. Also I'm going to be doing a proposal for a merge with Armor Knight, and Lance Armor later. Emperor Hardin (talk) 19:17, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
All the Fates weapons are given generic icons of their type in the inventory, even the regalia ones. So it's better to use this file name of renaming weapons instead of renaming the Japanese name of said images: [[File:Is 3ds02 club.png]] instead of [[File:Is 3ds ryoma's club.png]] like you've been doing for the axes/clubs. ChaosGallade (talk) 15:42, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
- Edit: The above was just an example. Let me reiterate: every single weapon in Fates has the generic weapon icon of their type. So it's better to use the generic weapon icon for weapons that debuted in Fates as the image box image. ChaosGallade (talk) 18:06, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
I've noticed that you link to "Naga (Jugdral)" in Project Naga name change edit descriptions. The Jugdral Naga actually shares her page with the Archanean Naga (at Naga). PikaSamus (talk) 17:23, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Kein is Kain
- Any other errors in the name chart? --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 17:53, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Why are my edits being reverted?
- Because they're destructive and do nothing to benefit the wiki. I think you've already earned yourself an infinite block for this vandalism you're doing...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:44, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
They make the wiki funny. People will come here, laugh, post similar comments, and be happy. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Boyzz (talk • contribs). Remember to always sign your talk page comments with ~~~~!
- This wiki isn't supposed to be funny. It's supposed to be encyclopedic. It's supposed to be informative. And the vandalism you've been doing is completely counterproductive to what this wiki's supposed to be about. --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:49, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
Replacing of images
I find that the image replacement system doesn't work, notably when I tried to upload Chrom's right-facing closeup portrait. It became a new revision but still was the one for facing the left... So, I felt I had to play dirty and used his Japanese name to compensate... Then again, I don't have an application that allows flipping images while keeping their alpha channels, so the Paint and SLADE applications did an awful job. --Breakin' Benny (talk) 23:27, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Strange, the two images are showing up identically on my end. The image pages even state that they are duplicates of one another on the bottom...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:29, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Drop template thing
I know this is out of the blue, but I wanted to introduce myself: I'm Fastesthe1, but you probably know me as Heather from Fire Emblem Fates. I just wanted to let you know since we keep visiting each other's Castles and forming so many bond babies. :) Fastesthe1 (talk) 07:48, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
- Nice of you to notice. Especially since quite a few of the bond units I've gotten on my end have proven useful in cracking many of the secrets of the concept...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 19:03, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
As far as I can tell, pages like Manakete, Fire Dragon, Black Dragon, Cat and Heron (and probably more I'm not thinking of) cover both the species and the class on a single page. L95 (talk) 18:58, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
Johan and Johalva's website names
In an earlier version of the website, they were with an l instead of an i. Also, Niime and Murdock were reverted back to their FE7 names in the current version of the website, although Lachesis remains (Dieck and Rutger also remain, but those aren't as major since most Smash Bros. names were changed when FE7 and FE11 came out). PikaSamus (talk) 21:40, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- Forgive me for not taking care of things a bit sooner; the wiki has never been able to load the "https" version of the site on the Wii U's browser, always bouncing back a "could not load page" error (and no padlock in the address bar)--and since the "https" version of the site became the only version of the site, I've been completely cut off from the wiki whenever I've not been able to use the Chromebook. (Fired somebody a PM on the NIWA forums bringing this up, but I've yet to get a reply concerning the matter...) I really hope this issue (that is, the "https" version won't load on the Wii U browser" issue) gets rectified, as there's quite a bit of stuff that's easier to do when I'm using the Wii U's browser...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 04:20, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
Your plot summaries
You've been creating a lot of Fire Emblem Fates chapter pages, and I like and respect that, but your plot summaries can charitably be described as a wall of text. You don't need to describe every single sentence (that's what script pages are for), just hit all of the key points. Just a piece of advice. Infernape612 (talk) 02:29, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
I figured the redirect had less to do with how it was pronounced/origin but more to do with what it looked like. I don't think a lot of English speakers (that I know anyway) would have any idea what ð was and would type the closest letter they thought it looked to (o or d) and hope for the best. L95 (talk) 15:09, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Given that people might be coming here from the Serenes Forest listing (none of the Heroes skill listings there use diacritic marks or this weird what's-that-character case), the "o" redirect would make perfect sense. After all, we don't want people getting lost looking for information that they might be looking for (unlike a certain competiting wiki, where you'd be extremely unlikely to find information about certain Star Shards by simply typing "Leo" or "Libra"), as that's what makes redirects, hatnotes, and disambig pages useful...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 03:54, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
Weapon skills are not granted
- (this refers to what SF has listed as learned item skills) PikaSamus (talk) 20:07, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
What happens to men sacrificed to Duma
- Yeah, but who says I can't try to have fun in my edit summaries from time to time? --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:48, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
The other enemy-only classes in Gaiden that didn't get carried over to Echoes
I assume you're referring to the likes of Bahdess, Kelves, Belrez, and Gold? They do exist in Echoes, but as characters rather than classes (they get regular classes like Gold Knight and Dread Fighter). I actually reckon they were intended to be characters in Gaiden as well (meaning their current articles would be inaccurate in calling them classes), but we'd need to find someone with better knowledge of Gaiden's internal data to be certain. --Moydow (Support) 02:53, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, those are indeed what I'm referring to...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:58, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
"Echoes" for future remakes
"Yamagami: Avoiding calling it New Gaiden is something we had in mind from the start of development. At the same time, we wanted a title that the rest of the world would also use, so wanted to settle on an English word. Somewhere in that conversation, the word "echoes" surfaced. We imagined it was fitting as older games could now "echo" to the modern players. We were very pleased with the choice, and, if there were to be more remakes in the future, we figured we could use the Echoes title again."
In this instance, my considerations for using "Shadows of Valentia" over just "Echoes" would be in case this does come true, and we then have to go back and change all instances of "Echoes" to disambiguate them. Fair enough, they do use "Echoes" in official material, but we have to consider the future as well, while for official advertising material, it's not as much of a concern for them. I think it's reasonable for us to prioritise readability, clarity, and future-proofing content, and to assume readers are smart enough to know what is meant when an article says "Shadows of Valentia", over blindly sticking to official material.
As for FE12, it's called "Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem" wherever it shows up in Heroes and its related material, so that's enough for me to consider that an official English title, making it okay for us to drop the "Heroes of Light and Shadow" bit. --Moydow (Support) 16:06, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
I`m getting the NOA names from serenesforest
Sorry, I should have told you where I was getting it from. It`s from this weblink:https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/general/name-chart/ Mr. Kite (talk) 04:36, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, but whatever names in question didn't come from Awakening or Heroes proper, they took from the Choose Your Legends poll, apparently thinking the poll to be a far more reliable source than it really was. That poll's been judged to be quite unreliable, given that:
- Six names listed at the start contradicted previously-existing official localizations (Murdocktwo]], both from The Binding Blade, contradicting Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade as the most recent source; two, both from The Binding Blade, contradicting Super Smash Bros. Brawl as the most recent source, and two, one from Genealogy of the Holy War and one from Thracia 776, contradicting Awakening as the most recent source) and only two getting corrected (the ones that contradicted Fire Emblem) during the poll's run (one of these contradictions, the one from Genealogy of the Holy War, did carry over into Heroes proper, but that's considered an isolated case at least for the time being).
- In additon to the six contradictions above, Heroes proper created a seventh discrepant pair (the fifth involving The Binding Blade) when the character listed as "Thite" on the poll was localized as "Thea" in Heroes proper.
- In addition to the running changes that fixed two of the above-mentioned contradictions, a further two names from Genealogy of the Holy War got running changes during the poll's run; the names initially listed as "Luchar" and "Lucharba" got running-changed into "Iuchar" and "Iucharba" during the poll's run.
- These are sufficient reasons for us to doubt the accuracy of the Choose Your Legends poll, and wait for said characters to appear or be mentioned in a game proper before considering such names official. Just because the entirety of the Gaiden section held thanks to Echoes, as well as a few other select names have held through Heroes proper, doesn't mean the entire rest of the lot can be assumed to hold as well--case in point, any other given name could end up turning out like the aformentioned Thite/Thea situation and thus such possibility must be assumed possible for any name that's yet to actually appear in a game. It's better to exercise caution rather than simply take names that have yet to actually appear in a game at face value. (Also, if you were to look at Serenes Forest's The Binding Blade name chart, they still list "Thite" as the official English name despite it being localized as "Thea" in Heroes proper, as if they consider the Choose Your Legends poll to be a stronger source than Heroes proper.) --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 05:09, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
We link it as Reincarnation (chapter) because songs get articles on the wiki (well ones from the main series and their sound tracks do), and the chapter is named after the song. PikaSamus (talk) 18:17, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
Suggestion on forged stats from FEH
- Actually, splitting them off might not be a bad idea for stuff that appears outside Heroes. Maybe a core-side split, perhaps? Something like Gungnir might get a bit out of hand if we tried to shoehorn its TMS and FEW stats in, and it later appears in Heroes with refinement ability...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 03:21, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
History map numbers in Warriors
Where are you getting the numbers for the battles in history mode? They're not numbered in my game, though the major ones have their own name (usually sharing a chapter name with origin game). Most of them are just named their objective (Examples: "Targeted Elimination", "Pincer Escape", etc.) and are differentiated by the enemy level which is displayed when hovering over the map sprite with the cursor. L95 (talk) 03:52, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- It's from the Serenes Forest site, which has the history mode missions listed as such. But you're right, they're not in the game. Maybe we should do it "Targeted Elimination Lv. 12 Mage", similar to the Anna's Mementos page? We need to decide before making the History Mode page(s). Fastesthe1 (talk) 06:11, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
I noticed you are still doing the number stuff, can you stop and do the in-game labels? The numbers mean absolutely nothing and no one will understand what it means. PikaSamus (talk) 20:00, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
I hope this isn't too much to ask
I noticed that you had some sort of subpage where missing banners needed to be taken directly from the game files. Apks don't give me anything but; Alfonse, Sharena, Camilla, Takumi, Marth, Roy, Tiki, Robin (M), and Lucina. Is there any way I can do this without downloading images from FE Heroes Gamepedia? --Master Snake (talk) 03:35, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm not an expert data-ripper. Try asking someone closer to the datamines, like Moydow; odds are, at worst, you'll get referred to someone closer to the actual data rippers. --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 03:48, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
Hey, you do realize that the videos are linked to on the FEHeroes website a few hours before the videos are set to public, and aren't "hidden"? (and that this happens every time?) I noticed your edit summaries and it made you seem like you thought the link was leaked. PikaSamus (talk) 05:42, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
Do you enjoy farting?
Rudeness in edit summaries
Please do not call other users' edits "crappy", as you did here. That is not okay. You should always be respectful to other users. Even if what was done was not in the proper format or are missing information, it was still an edit that added info onto the page. The purpose of a wiki is so that people can work together to add info, and if others make mistakes, you shouldn't use a word like "crappy" to describe them. 22:40, 19 August 2018 (UTC)
Heroes file names
Since you seem confused, all Heroes file names for variants are going to use the unit's epithet, and not the banner or event they're associated with, regardless of any past file names. The file names that don't follow this pattern are in the slow process of being moved and text replaced. Hopefully this can make your editing in the future easier. Luke (talk) 02:27, 24 August 2018 (UTC)
Not sure if you got the memo when I changed the Accessory (Heroes) page, but just in case, I am going to inform you that epithets should also be used for most mentions of specific units, so instead of "Marth", "Groom Marth", "Legendary Marth", "Young Tiki", "Adult Tiki", etc. it should be "Marth: Altean Prince", "Marth: Altean Groom", "Marth: Hero-King", "Tiki: Dragon Scion", "Tiki: Naga's Voice", etc. (this does not apply for enemy lists), just like the summoning event lists and skill obtain data. PikaSamus (talk) 17:52, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- Also, as of yet Ike is the only legendary hero whose summoning event is formatted "Legendary Heroes: Name". All the rest, other than Fjorm (who was Legendary - Name: Epithet), are formatted as "Legendary Heroes - Name". PikaSamus (talk) 18:03, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
About Warriors Forts...
Hey, friend! Thank you so, so much for making a template for the Warriors forts! However there are a few critera you need to know about it that might not be apparent:
- It needs to handle at least ten forts, as that seems to be how many are on a given stage. Not all of them are necessarily in use in a given scenario.
- The forts come in three colors: blue for you, red for the main enemy, and yellow if there is a second enemy team (they will fight against both you and red). Green ally forts just don't exist.