|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
New Twitter: We have a new Twitter account: @FEWikiOfficial!
Cross-Wiki Weekend 2021: From September 24-27, make contributions to NIWA wikis that you normally don't edit for a chance to win a Nintendo eShop gift card! See here for more details.
The renown system (Japanese: 名声ボーナス fame bonus) is a reward points system introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening, and appearing in each game since. By completing objectives and progressing through the game, renown points are accumulated and can be used to obtain free bonus items in-game.
Methods of earning renown
Renown is earned in four ways.
- Complete a chapter: 10 renown points
- Complete a skirmish: 10 renown points
- Defeat or hire a StreetPass/SpotPass bonus unit: 50 renown points
- Defeat a team in Double Duel: a set number of renown points depending on the individual Double Duel team
The maximum possible amount of renown is 99,999 points.
When starting a new game, if there are any save files which have previously cleared the game, the new save file will get the renown points from the cleared save file with the highest amount of renown.
Renown is earned in six ways for the Visitor Rank:
- Visit another castle: 1 renown point
- Give feedback to the other player's helper: 1 renown point
- Gift an Accessory to the other player*: 1 renown point
- Use a castle facility*: 1 renown point
- A player visit your castle: 1 renown point
- A player gives feedback to your helper: 1 renown point
For the Battle Rank, renown is earned in five ways:
- Participate in a castle battle*: 1 renown point
- Give feedback after the battle: 1 renown point
- Win the battle: 1 renown point
- A player battles you: 1 renown point
- A player gives feedback after the battle: 1 renown point
Renown points must be updated by inspecting the Crystal Orb next to the throne of My Castle and selecting the Update Data option.
Much like the previous game, when starting a new game, if there are any save files which have previously cleared the game, the new save file will get the renown points from the cleared save file with the highest amount of renown.
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Renown is earned in five ways. For all forms of Renown gain other than awards, if the player is playing on Hard difficulty, each amount of Renown gained is multiplied by ×1.25, and, if the player is playing on Classic mode, by ×1.1. These bonuses can stack, such that a player playing on Hard Classic mode will receive a multiplier of ×1.375.
Unlike in previous games, Renown does not carry over between save files, the exception being Renown earned from awards (as the awards themselves are shared between save files).
|Renown earned by recruiting characters|
|Renown earned by defeating bosses|
|Slayde (Prologue), Brigand Boss, Barth||+25|
|Slayde (Act 1), Zakson, Lawson, Gazelle, Fernand (Act 3), Garth, Wolff, Deen, Sonya, Blake||+50|
|Desaix (Act 3), Tatarrah, Grieth, Mikhail, Xaizor, Marla (Act 4), Jerome, Magnus, Hestia (Act 4), Mueller, Fernand (Act 4), Slayde (Act 4), Garcia, Jamil||+100|
|Berkut (Act 3), Aurum, Argentum, Gharn, Cerberus, Naberius, Hades, Rinea, Marla (Act 5), Hestia (Act 5)||+150|
|Nuibaba, Berkut (Act 4), Dolth||+200|
|Berkut (Act 5), Jedah (Normal Mode)||+300|
|Desaix (Act 1), Rudolf, Jedah (Hard Mode), Mila's Servant, Duma's Apostle||+500|
|Duma, The Creation||+1000|
Defeating generic enemies
If the unit is affiliated with the Specters or Death Masks, Renown earned is halved (to a minimum of 5), except in these cases:
- Arcanist: always gives 20 Renown
- Soldier: always gives 10 Renown
- Lich: always gives 10 Renown
- Bow Knight: gives 10 Renown if a Death Mask
For certain weak enemies fought in optional dungeon battles, such as Revenants and Brigands, the Classic mode multiplier is not applied. Renown also is not gained for enemies fought during the Prologue.
|Renown earned by defeating generic enemies|
|Enemy classes||Renown (each)|
|Bonewalker, Brigand, Revenant, Villager||+5|
|Soldier, Cavalier, Knight, Mercenary, Archer, Lich, Gargoyle, Revenant (strong), Entombed (Venin/Numbing Claws)||+10|
|Gargoyle (Eerie Screech), Deathgoyle (Eerie Screech), Mogall (foreign)||+15|
|Fighter, Paladin, Myrmidon, Sniper, Mage, Pegasus Knight, Arcanist, Entombed, Deathgoyle, Bonewalker (strong), Gargoyle (strong)||+20|
|Hero, Priestess, Gold Knight, Baron, Dread Fighter, Bow Knight, Sage, Falcon Knight, Cantor, Witch, Fiend, Mogall, Necrodragon, White Dragon, Deimos||+30|
Certain sub-quests will reward the player with Renown upon completion:
- "The Sommelier": +100 Renown
- "The Grand Duke of Dairy": +300 Renown, if Pegasus Cheese is given
- "A Dried Delicacy": +100 Renown
- "A Fishy Request": +200 Renown
- "A Few Gears Short": +300 Renown
- "Corraling Coral": +200 Renown
- "A Bargain Bauble": +200 Renown
- "The Merchant of Death": +300 Renown
- "One Man's Trash...": +100 Renown
- "The Clumsy Cleric": +100 Renown
- "A Royal Requiem": +300 Renown
- "The Wages of Sin": +100 Renown
- "Peace for the Departed": +100 Renown
- "Do You Ear What I Ear?": +100 Renown
- "Taken Treasure: Desaix's Vault": +300 Renown
- "Taken Treasure: Grieth's Vault": +300 Renown
- "Goylenapped": +200 Renown
- "The Prisoner's Whereabouts": +200 Renown
- "In Search of a Son": +100 Renown
- "Mythic Medicine": +100 Renown
- "The Famished Fisherman": +100 Renown
- "Faraway Frontiers": +500 Renown
|Renown earned from awards|
|Award||Awarded for||Renown gained|
|Maiden Victory||Winning the first battle||+100|
|Zofia's Champion||Winning the battle at Zofia Castle in Act 1||+200|
|Shrine Keeper||Defeating the Necrodragons at the Seabound Shrine||+200|
|Temple Liberator||Winning the battle at the Temple of Mila in Act 3||+300|
|Armistice||Defeating Rudolf at Rigel Castle in Act 4||+500|
|Humanity's Genesis||Defeating Duma||+1000|
|Strategic Retreat||Retreating from a battle||+100|
|Combat Artist||Using a Combat Art in battle||+100|
|Terrain Pro||Using terrain to your advantage in battle 10 times||+100|
|Wheel of Time||Using Mila's Turnwheel to undo turns for the first time||+100|
|Renowned Knight||Earning 1,300 total Renown||+300|
|Renowned General||Earning 13,148 total Renown||+1000|
|Renowned Conqueror||Earning 56,434 total Renown||+2000|
|Undertaker||Defeating 300 undead enemies (e.g. Revenants, Bonewalkers, etc.)||+1000|
|Triangle Attacker||Using the Triangle Attack in battle for the first time||+300|
|Duma Incarnate||Using Scendscale in battle for the first time||+500|
|Mila Incarnate||Using Ragnarok Ω in battle for the first time||+500|
|Craftsmanship||Forging a weapon||+300|
|Archanea's Regalia||Obtaining the Three Regalia of Archanea: Mercurius, Gradivus, and Parthia||+2000|
|Unbreakable Bonds||Viewing several base conversations||+1000|
|Meteoric Rise||Gaining increases in five or more stats in a single level up||+1000|
|Gourmand||Consuming 30 different types of provisions||+1000|
|Seasoned Hero||Fighting at least 500 individual battles||+1000|
|Indomitable Army||Fighting at least 2,000 individual battles||+2000|
|Cherisher of Life||Clearing the game on Classic mode||+2000|
|Valentia's Conqueror||Clearing the game on Hard difficulty||+2000|
|Dragonslayer||Defeating at least 300 dragon-type enemies (e.g. Necrodragons, Dagons, etc.)||+1000|
|Gold Fiend||Possessing 30 Gold Marks at any one time||+1000|
|Thrum of Despair||Defeating the Creation||+3000|
|Blitzkrieg||Clearing the main story in 500 turns or less||+3000|
|Mystery Relics||Obtaining the Astra, Luna, and Sol weapons||+3000|
|Fire Emblem||Clearing the game on Hard Classic mode with 0 casualties||+4000|
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
Renown is earned in five ways:
- Complete a chapter's mission: ?? renown points
- Complete a skirmish*: ?? renown points
- Complete a sidequest: a set number of renown points depending on the individual sidequest
- Complete a paralogue: ?? renown points
- Clear a save file: 3,000 renown points on Normal, 6,000 renown points on Hard and ?? renown points on Maddening. From Version 1.?.0 onwards, an additional 10,000 renown points for each cleared game on a save file is received at the start of a New Game + with a cap of 50,000 renown points.
The maximum possible amount of renown is ?? points.
When starting a New Game +, every renown points from the cleared save file will be carried over.
List of rewards obtainable with renown
The sole function of renown points is to obtain extra items in-game; while almost all such items are available by other means, the renown method is typically easier. The renown menu is accessed through the game's Wireless menu, while on the world map. Each item can only be obtained by the renown method only once per save file. Renown points are not consumed when obtaining a renown reward.
|Redeemable renown rewards|
|Seed of Trust||Item||210|
Renown points return in Fates with the same function and under similar mechanics. Unlike Awakening, renown points are separated in two categories if earned by visiting other player's castles or by battling other player's armies each with its own reddemable reward list. The renown menu is accessed through the game's My Castle facility instead of the world map's menu.
Renown can be used to unlock rewards at the four saint statues found in the monastery's Cathedral by speaking to the nearby Saint Statue Artisan after completing the “Tending to the Saints” quest from Chapter 5. Unlike previous games, Renown points are consumed when obtaining a renown reward. The skill level bonuses only concern additional experience points gained when instructing.
|Saint Cichol redeemable renown rewards|
|Divine Pulse charge +1||3,000|
|Strength and Speed cap +5||10,000|
|Saint Cethleann redeemable renown rewards|
|Class Mastery gain +1||2,000|
|Divine Pulse charge +1||3,000|
|Luck and Charm cap +5||10,000|
|Saint Macuil redeemable renown rewards|
|Divine Pulse charge +1||3,000|
|Magic and Dexterity cap +5||10,000|
|Saint Indech redeemable renown rewards|
|Heavy Armor +2||2,000|
|Divine Pulse charge +1||3,000|
|Defense and Resistance cap +5||10,000|
On a New Game +, Professor Levels, Support levels, Skills levels, Abilities and Combat arts acquired through Class mastery from the cleared save file can be bought back with renown points at Byleth's journal, all of which cost 500 renown points each, with the exception of Support levels which only costs 400 renown points. Crest items not normally obtained following the route completed in the save file can also be bought using 1,000 renown points each with only one of each obtainable at a time.
|Skills and Professor levels|
In Shadows of Valentia, the Renown system does not offer any items as rewards; instead, it is primarily used to rank players in the game's global rankings, and to determine the rank that appears on their profile card.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Fame, celebrity, or wide recognition.