|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
- This page is about the location. For the chapter of Mystery of the Emblem and New Mystery of the Emblem set in this location, see The Dragon's Table. For the Warriors chapter, see The Dragon's Table (Warriors).
|“||In front of the towering craggy mountain, a stone bridge. Then, a spiralling stone stairway that seemed to stretch up towards the heavens. From the rough bare rocks, ominous roars and deep breathing can be heard, as if the very mountain itself were alive. The Dragon's Table... An ancient relic of the old dragonkin.||”|
— Opening narration of Chapter 22, New Mystery of the Emblem
The Dragon's Table (Japanese: 竜の祭壇 Dragon's Altar) is a temple situated on top of a mountain in the Wyvern's Dale on the continent Archanea; in the era of Archanea it is located on the border of Dolhr and Macedon, and later in the era of Ylisse it falls within the territory of Plegia. It is the resting place of almost all Earth Dragons, sealed in a permanent sleep underneath the table by Naga in order to protect the people of Archanea from their destructive and feral behavior. It was later appropriated by the Grimleal as an important monument in their worship of the Fell Dragon Grima.
At the conclusion of the war between the Divine and Earth Dragons in the year -740, the Table was the site where the Divine Dragon leader Naga imprisoned the defeated Earth Dragons, to ensure they provided no further menace to the fledgling human population of Archanea. Using the Binding Shield she created, Naga placed almost all Earth Dragons in a permanent sleep underneath the Table, then entrusted the guardianship of the site to Medeus, the former Earth Dragon prince and the sole Earth Dragon to become a Manakete. Medeus eventually abandoned the Table after over a thousand years in order to found Dolhr and seek vengeance against the crimes of humanity; additionally, four hundred years earlier the seal upon the imprisoned Earth Dragons was weakened by the breakage of the Binding Shield by Adrah, the founder of Archanea. At some point after Medeus's departure, the Table came to be occupied by an assortment of barbarians and other feral dragons.
In the year 608, three years after Medeus's second death, the Dark Pontifex Gharnef and his fellowship of heretic priests occupied the Table for use in Medeus's resurrection, hypnotising the Table's assortment of vagabond denizens for use as servants and warriors for their defense. By this time, the imprisoned Earth Dragons had begun to awaken and emerge, centuries after the weakening of the seal by the breaking of the Binding Shield. However, Prince Marth of Altea had restored the Shield to its complete state, and so travelled to the Table to prevent Medeus's revival and the release of the Earth Dragons. At the Table, he and his army engaged Gharnef and Medeus's followers in battle, slew both again and used the Binding Shield to return the Earth Dragons to slumber.
Following his seizure of the Fire Emblem from Chrom, the Grimleal leader Validar commenced a ritual at the Dragon's Table to awaken and empower Grima. Most of the population of Plegia was drawn to the Table as if by hypnosis, with Chrom's army in pursuit to investigate. Outside the Table, Chrom engaged Aversa and the Deadlords in battle, then he and Robin fought and killed Validar within it. After the battle, Grima revealed himself and fed upon the people of Plegia to restore his full strength.
In an alternate timeline, Chrom's battle with Validar ended differently, with a Grima-possessed Avatar slaying Chrom after the two defeated Validar. This event led to the downfall of Ylisse and the domination of Grima, leading Lucina and her companions to travel back in time to aid Chrom and prevent it from happening.
Characters from the Dragon's Table
|The sole Earth Dragon Manakete, appointed as the guardian of the Table by Naga. Later turned against humanity and was eventually resurrected there by Gharnef.||Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light,|
Mystery of the Emblem,
New Mystery of the Emblem
The Dragon's Table is the subject of Chapters 22, 23 and the Endgame of Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, with Chapter 21 set in the Wyvern's Dale approaching it. The same applies for Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, of which New Mystery of the Emblem is a remake, except here these four chapters are instead all parts of the same finale chapter.
It is also the subject of three chapters of Fire Emblem Awakening: Chapter 22 is fought in its exterior courtyard, the "Table Approach" location, while the Premonition and Chapter 23 are both fought within the Dragon's Table itself, as alternate versions of the same battle against Validar fought within it. After clearing each chapter, each location's armory becomes accessible on the world map and skirmishes can be fought in each; the Table Approach hosts skirmishes with enemies ranging from promoted levels 14 to 19, and the Dragon's Table itself houses skirmishes between promoted levels 17 to 19.
Table Approach The Dragon's Table
- In Fire Emblem Warriors, there is a Dragon's Table location which is located in the "Dragon Valley" (Japanese: 竜の谷 Dragon Valley); it is presumably a reference to this Dragon's Table, which is located in the Wyvern's Dale (Japanese: 飛竜の谷 Wyvern Valley).
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Altar del Dragón
Altar of the Dragon
Autel du Dragon
Altar of the Dragon
Tafel des Drachen
Table of the Dragon(s)
Altare del Drago
Altar of the Dragon
Artwork of the Dragon's Table from the Fire Emblem Trading Card Game.
Exterior of the Dragon's Table, from Mystery of the Emblem.
Exterior of the Dragon's Table, from New Mystery of the Emblem.
Exterior of the Dragon's Table at a distance, from Awakening.
Map of the Dragon's Table's location, from New Mystery of the Emblem.
- " And then... the divine dragon Naga, strongest of them all, waged a war for humanity. It was a fierce battle, but Naga emerged victorious in the end, and sealed the earth dragons below Dolhr, in a deep sleep. And so that the power of the seal would not wither, she created the "shield of the five orbs" and placed it in the Fane of Raman." — Xane, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
- "Medeus, an Earth Dragon prince, was the only one of his tribe who become a Manakete. And, as ordered by Naga, he guarded the Dragon's Table." — Xane, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
- "Prince Marth, in this table lurks many savage barbarians and mage dragons long gone mad." — Gotoh, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
- "They have fallen under Gharnef's spell and will attack you given the chance." — Gotoh, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
- "Even sleeping earth dragons should not awaken for centuries or so." — Gotoh, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
- "It is called the Table for a reason, you naive little man. It is where Grima feeds! The Grimleal have gladly offered themselves to him for ages. Even now, they pray for his return... Today the Table overflows with bounty, and their prayers will be answered!" — Aversa, Fire Emblem Awakening
|Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow|
|Fire Emblem Awakening|