|“||Look, just stick with me and you'll be fine. If an enemy shows up get behind me, okay?||”|
— Amid, to Jake
Amid (Japanese: アミッド Amid) is a scion of Grannvale's House Friege, and the son of its late Lady Ethnia. He was raised in Silesse, left behind when his uncle Bloom came to abduct his mother and his sister Linda, eventually setting out to travel south upon hearing rumors of Linda's presence in Ulster. Travelling with the Pegasus Knight Fee/Hermina, he joined Seliph's liberation army in Isaach while en route to Ulster.
During their journey to Ulster, Amid and Fee/Hermina made a stop to give her pegasus a rest near Isaach Castle in the middle of the fight between Seliph's group and Danann's army. When Fee/Hermina told him her story of wanting to join Seliph's army, he volunteered to join it too.
Starting stats and growth rates
Promotion stat gains
|Mage Fighter||+0||+5||+5||+4||+4||+0||+6||+3||+1||B B A B|
Amid joins in Chapter 6 as a level 2 Wind Mage. His base stats are better than Arthur's average stats. The difference is especially visible in speed, but also in defensive stats. Amid also has Adept, giving him a chance to attack twice in a row based on his attack speed. Since he wields a Wind tome, the lightest basic tome in Genealogy, his attack speed will be solid, giving him a decent activation rate. However, Amid does not have Follow-Up, so he cannot double enemies reliably.
Amid's growths will always be worse than Arthur's. Like many other substitute units, he requires more resources to keep up and be good at combat. Unlike Arthur, he also never becomes mounted, since he promotes to War Mage and not Mage Knight. While War Mage has better statistical bonuses, the movement disparity makes it inferior.
Since Amid lacks Follow-Up, giving it to him through the Follow-Up Ring significantly improves his combat performance. As long as he uses lightweight tomes, he will be able to double most enemies. He can use the Leg Ring to keep up with mounted units, but it is a very competitive item. Amid can also use other rings to improve his stats, but they are limited resources. Since Amid will not face much combat due to being unmounted, giving him rings is usually suboptimal.
Without investment, Amid is a mediocre, foot-locked combat unit with no utility. Even among substitute units, he is average. With investment, he can become competent at combat, but will never do amazing things.
Personality and character
Though others easily get the opposite impression as a result of his sarcastic tendencies, Amid is kind and helpful even to complete strangers, as evidence by his asssistance of Jake when he encountered him lost in the Munster District. He possesses a strong disdain for the Friege family as a whole for their abduction of Ethnia and Linda.
Love growths and events
- In Chapter 6, Amid can talk to Seliph after he has joined his party. This conversation yields no reward.
- In Chapter 7, Amid can talk to Linda when she appears as an enemy, recruiting her.
- In Chapter 8, Amid can talk to Fee/Hermina at any time, granting her +3 maximum HP and 100 love points between the pair.
- In Chapter 8, if Amid waits on the northern tree in the map's central valley with the river, he will initiate an event where he meets Jake, granting him +3 Resistance.
- In the Endgame, Amid can talk to Linda if neither has a lover, granting her +1 Luck.
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
|“||Heh... how silly...||”|
— Amid, in Genealogy of the Holy War.
Fire Emblem Cipher
Amid is currently featured on one card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
|Fire Emblem Cipher data for Amid|
|Mage Fighter of Wind and Thunder, Amid|
|"I've had nothing but hatred for the House of Friege ever since they took my sister and mother. All I've ever wanted is to crush them all for everything they've done..."|
|Attack: 50||Support: 20||Range: 1-2||Deploy Cost: 3|
|Class: Mage Fighter||Tier: Advanced||Class Change Cost: 2|
|Kin of Lightning: [Always] If this unit inflicts a critical hit, you may send 2 of your bond cards to your Retreat Area instead of 1 "Amid" from your hand.|
The Mage Knight's Sorcery: [Bond] [Activate] [Flip this card face-down] Choose 1 ally. Until the end of the turn, that ally gains +20 attack. ([Bond] can only be used if this card is in your Bond Area.)
|Card #B12-091HN • Artist: Genki Kuno|
|Some card information translation provided by Serenes Forest.|
For more detailed strategic information on these cards, see their TCG wiki article on Amid .
- Amid and Linda are the only substitute characters to possess Holy Blood, both bearing minor Thrud.
- Amid is the only playable male Mage Fighter, and the only playable Wind Mage.
- Amid and Linda are the only substitute characters that have a different class at base, Wind Mage and Thunder Mage, from their original characters, Arthur and Tine, who are both Mages.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Used in the Choose Your Legends polls for Fire Emblem Heroes; has yet to be corroborated by other sources.
Used in the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation.
Officially romanized as Amid. From Airmed (or "Airmid"), a goddess in Irish mythology.
Artwork of Amid from Genealogy of the Holy War.
Artwork of Amid from Treasure.
Amid's portrait in Genealogy of the Holy War.
- "Amid: Look, just stick with me and you'll be fine. If an enemy shows up get behind me, okay?
Jake: Ahh, you're a good person. You and your sister alike.
Amid: Well, you'd do the same for me if I were in trouble.
Jake: I'm not kidding, friend... You're like as good as they come." — Amid and Jake, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "I've resented the Frieges since the day they took you and mother away from me. I can't tell you how much I've wanted to smash their skulls in..." — Amid, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|